Now, what exactly are my goals?
- Run the 5K, with a decent time. The actual time? Unsure, thus far. But I've done some research, and for my first 5K, I'd like to come in under 31 minutes, which is around a ten minute mile.
- Get into a better exercise routine. I'm running three times a week, but I'd like to incorporate additional activities into the mix. Yoga, Pilates, weights, workout DVDs - whatever.
- Lose twenty pounds before my 30th birthday. I have eight months to do this, so its totally doable. No, I don't want to be a waif (that is genetically impossible for me - I came out of the womb with curves), but I want to be strong and toned.
- Prepare healthier meals and snacks throughout the week. Of course I will splurge, because if I don't indulge in decadent treats, I will be cranky (and my inner fat child will throw a hissy fit).
- Not only take care of myself physically, but mentally, too. Like many gal pals of mine, we aren't 100% happy with our bodies, which affects our self-esteem. I love myself, but sometimes not enough.
These are totally realistic goals, but they won't happen unless I work toward them. Luckily, I have lots of people to motivate me and make sure I don't turn into a lazy bum.
This morning, I joined Weight Watchers. A handful of friends and family members use the program, and they really seem to enjoy it. They've also gotten results - without starving themselves. You can eat what you want, but in moderation. Diets and I don't really get along, so I figured I'd give this a shot.
I don't want to "go on a diet" - I want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Developing healthy habits now will help me later on in life. I often see elderly people who are extremely overweight with various health conditions - they can't walk more than ten steps without being out of breath. I truly feel bad for these people, and my heart goes out to them, but I also don't want to end up in the same situation. I want to live a long, healthy life.
What are some health-related goals you would like to achieve?
I think these are great goals! I would also like to be able to do a 5k (the "run for your lives" zombie 5k haha) next October. So glad to have you with us as we make the journey to healthier, more-in-shape people!ReplyDelete
much love dear,
One of my friends is doing the zombie 5K in Boston this year. Maybe I'll do that one next year! Thanks for having me, I think what you + Callie are doing is really awesome.Delete
Really love all of these goals, Michele. I definitely agree with you on preparing healthier meals and snacks throughout the week. It's way too easy to pick up something unhealthy when you're in a hurry. This is something I'm going to focus on, like planning out my meals beforehand to help me avoid the "bad" foods. So excited to have you aboard for BFH!ReplyDelete