Sunday means it time for another Sunday Social! These questions are accompanied by a plethora of pictures, but I think that makes this post pretty rad. If you want to join, link up here.
01. What do you miss most about being a kid? I miss having my only worries be what games to play with my friends, or what the next song on my mix tape would be. Oh, and the only bills I had to pay then were to buy BOP magazines + pencils for my pencil collection.
|I was a stylin' little lady. Everyone looks so 80s, I love it!|
02. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it? My parents called me Mushkatelle. My dad gave us unique nicknames as kids. My brother’s nickname is Finster or Finster Michael [his name is Vincent Michael – yes, that is his first name].
|I eventually grew into my ears.|
03. What was your favorite thing to do at recess? I recall that I was a fan of the monkey bars + some jungle gym type dome on the playground.
|Family wedding - my brother + I were in the bridal party.|
04. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher or a lawyer.
|Visting family upstate. I was OBSESSED with my aunt Pat's Topo Gigio doll.|
05. What was your favorite toy? I had a bunch! I was a big fan of Teddy Ruxpin, My Buddy [I got him after I learned how to use the potty, haha] Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Glo Worms + Potato Heads. I liked Barbie dolls as well. If my mom reads this, I’m sure she will comment + tell me what my favorite toy was - she probably knows better than I do.
|My mom always made us the best Halloween costumes.|
06. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about? Hmmm, probably the time my brother pulled the mouth of my Teddy Ruxpin doll + I freaked out [saying I freaked out is an understatement]. Ever since then, I have been scarred for life + have never wanted to let people touch belongings that I hold dear, for fear that they would break them. I feel like there is something far funnier that I am unable to recall. Like I said, I’m sure my mom will remind me.
|First name: Sassy. Last name: Pants.|
I hope you enjoyed these tidbits + flashbacks. Relax + enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
What a cute post! It was fun reading about your childhood. Love your blog and thank you so much for visiting mine. :)ReplyDelete
Hi from Sunday Social!ReplyDelete
You made this into such a cute post. Like you made it look more like a personalized post rather then a link up(: I enjoyed reading your answers and seeing all your pictures!!
ah! your halloween costume was adorable! and i also remember a "jungle gym dome" on my playground as well...ReplyDelete
love these old school photos :)ReplyDelete
thanks for stopping by my blog!!
I love your Rainbow Brite costume! It's amazing! My mom used to always make my Halloween costumes too. And even though I can't sew I mainly want to learn so I'm able to sew them for my future children.ReplyDelete
Teddy Ruxpin and My Little Pony - toys back when we were kids were way better! I was scarred for life when my brother pulled the head off of a Barbie and made me watch as he flushed it down the toilet :( So sad!ReplyDelete
Very adorable! I love the last picture. Defiantly a sassy pants! =)Following you back!ReplyDelete
Love the photos! And fun facts about you.ReplyDelete
That Halloween picture is freakin adorable!ReplyDelete