Last week, I participated in my first Sunday Social. It was pretty fun, so I decided to do it again! Here are the questions for this week. If you decide to participate, here is the link-up for Sunday Social. Its a great way to meet fellow bloggers + share your interests!
01. What are 3 items you can't live without on a daily basis (water, food, shelter, and clothes don't count). My Erin Condren Take Note! Notebook/Planner, iPhone, + fun, colorful pens!
02. What is your all-time favorite book? Why? I really love Nick Hornby's High Fidelity. I've read it over a dozen times since I was seventeen - there is such a strong connection to the characters + their lists. Oh, the lists. Read the book + you'll see what I mean. There is a film as well, which I also love.
03. What is something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2012? I would really love to secure a full-time job, either in the field of writing or teaching. I love both dearly, but at the moment, my luck hasn't been so wonderful. Everything happens for a reason, though, so I try not to stress about it.
04. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be? Gosh, I don't know. Maybe I've seen Back To The Future one too many times, but changing anything, even if it is minuscule, could result in catastrophic events. But, if I could change things without altering my current reality, I would relive the year, starting in November 2007.
05. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them? I wish people would stop asking me if I am applying for teaching job, or teaching related positions. The answer is yes, I apply for at least three jobs per week. I am still in grad school, so I have to apply to places that are within an hour drive from my school, so I don't miss class. I feel like this is something I address at least three times per month.
I've never read High Fidelity (watched the movie - loved it) but I bet it's great!!! Thanks for the heads up on that!ReplyDelete
Oh, Ann, you should definitely pick up a copy! Amazon always has a few used copies in stock. :)Delete
Good luck with the job search! Found you on the Sunday socialReplyDelete
Thank you! :)Delete
Good answers. Always nice to learn more about you.ReplyDelete
Hi from Sunday Social!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh I know what you mean! I'm currently unemployed and everybodys asking me if I'm looking for a job. It's like "no, I just decided I'll be unemployed the rest of my life" sigh, I hate questions like that!!
Anyway, I hope the rest of your weekend goes good!!
Hopefully we will secure employment sooner rather than later! Good luck on the job hunt! :)Delete
Loved your answer for # 4. As a fan of time-travel messing with it has drastic consequences!ReplyDelete
I knew you'd appreciate that!Delete
Who CAN live without their iPhone? I think it's an impossibility!ReplyDelete
New follower! I'm excited to get to know you through your blog :)
Sad, but totally true. :)Delete
Just stopped by from Sunday Social. New Follower! I really love that this weeks questions are giving me such a good reading list. I've never read High Fidelity but it's definitely on my list now. Also I loved your time-travel theorizing. So funny!ReplyDelete
Once you read it, let me know how you liked it!Delete
just found your blog through the Sunday Social link up and I am now a new follower :):) I'd love for you to come check out my blog and follow along as well :DReplyDelete
Awesome! I will definitely swing by!Delete
Love, love & love are the 3 things I can't live without.ReplyDelete
A Tale of 2 Cities is my fav book
piece of mind by the close of 2012(not likely)
Big fan of Back to the Future...but I'd say next year
I'm not the guy they see on the surface...
5 ?'s, all softballs
Thanks, Uncle George! :)Delete
love the erin condren products :) i actually haven't read a tale of 2 cities! stopping by from ss! cant wait to read more about your blog! new follower!ReplyDelete
I haven't read A Tale of Two Cities, either. It needs to be added to my reading list. Thanks for stopping by! :)Delete